Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yes, Jesus loves me



Last night was such a special time with the babies. I had just recovered enough from my stomach illness that I was finally able to venture out of the house (for the first time in 3 days), and I hadn’t seen the little ones at the safe house in so long. So I went over there around 8pm to say goodnight to them, they met me at the door with huge excited hugs and said, “We heard you were sick, so we’ve been praying for you!”

These kids are amazing! Back in June they were living on the streets, had no real family and came from a Muslim background. Now they have been at the house over four months and tell me often things they’ve learned like, Jesus loves me!

And Saja, the 8 year old budding artist, always asks me to sketch with him and I asked him, “What should we draw?” And he said, “Prah Yesu, Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. And then down below lets draw all the children in the world. Jesus loves everyone. And then here, let’s draw me, really big, looking up at Jesus.” Awww. I am SO proud of them. They are really growing, both in their love and care for others and in their love for God and letting God love them.

And that night I got to tuck 2 year old Ali into bed, tell him a story, and sing him some lullabies (he requested “Jesus Loves Me” because he can sing along for the chorus and do the sign language to “Yes Jesus Loves Me” and then at the end of the song we always clap and say Yay!), and then I patted his back ‘til he fell asleep. He was so precious. I love sleeping children.

No comments: