Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Village visit

This past weekend was a valuable time in which I learned through a feeling of loneliness the strong desire of my heart to meet and be filled by the heart of God. I had been through some personal experiences that left me feeling a little sad, overwhelmed and disappointed. I was comforted by the sweetness of God as I traveled throughout the countryside of thailand. Whenever I get outside the city, I look for a field or a tree I can go sit under, take a journal and find solace and pray and God always meets me there.

This time I went up to Chiang Rai, with my roommate Sia, for her friend's wedding. It was an interesting cultural experience, and many of the Akha hilltribe ladies came dressed in their beautiful traditional outfits they've handmade. We stayed in Sia's mother's hut and slept on the floor at night. The view from her house was amazing. It was a great time of being together with her family. The village was like a clash between ancient and modern, Check out the satellite on the side of this grass hut!

No comments: