Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jesus was a refugee



Dec. 20, 2009
Merry Christmas!
I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season. I've found myself back in Pasadena for the holidays with my friends and family but am also really missing the street kids out in Thailand. I wonder if they are warm, if their stomachs are full, if they are safe.
Tonight I'm reminded of a child who was born without a home, in a dirty room, surrounded by animal feces. He was born a refugee, destined to wander from town to town. I wonder how often he went hungry, didn’t have a roof, or became exhausted and just laid his head on a rock and cried. He deeply identifies with us in our hurt and weaknesses and this gives me hope. It's incredible to me that Jesus, God of the universe, understood what it was like to be like you and me. This same child also became someone who brought hope to the world. I’m glad that he knows and cares for each life, and these children are precious to him. I’m glad to know my friends that work with Compasio will be looking out for these kids and feeding them every day.

Hoping your Christmas is filled with moments of hope and joy.

Rachel

No comments: