Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kissed by a prostitute




So I've been really really bad about posting on here, and it's about freaking time I guess. So I'm going to post all of the updates I've sent out via email over the past few months to catch you all up.

Pattaya Praise
Nov. 15, 2008

God is taking over Pattaya City!!!
I have just returned to Mae Sot after a couple weeks of being down in Pattaya (where I worked last year with Randy and Edie Nelson). I attended Pattaya Praise and helped to take a couple teams around the city to different events. It was a completely awesome experience to worship God with amazing worship bands in bars, in front of malls, in school auditoriums (with the city Mayor attending and being prayed for), They even let us hand out bibles in a public school assembly and play concerts there for the kids. And even in a huge venue called Tiffany's (a transvestite show that attracts many to the city). We crowned Jesus king over Pattaya in that place and even got to pray for the owner's wife. It is a very significant place in the city as one of the original places that started bringing sex tourists.


Kissed by a prostitute:
It was amazing to see God being worshipped and praised in the places in the pockets of darkness that exist all around the city. We got to pray with students, bar girls and owners, and recovering prostitutes. I ran into a lady that I'd seen in the bars last year and got a chance to pray with her. Her name is Pen. I hugged her and said God loves you very much (in thai) and she beamed a smile at me and kissed me on the cheek. It was so sweet. I think she just felt loved there that night (a pure love unlike what she's used to receiving from crude men), and I think something touched her soul. There were other ladies there that listened to the concert and testimonies but hung back from being prayed for. One had very sad haunted eyes and she was wearing black. I didn't catch her name, but please pray for her and all the women like her.

A glimpse into the city:
We went on a prayer journey and prayed at the gate of the city, and at key places, and on the mountaintop overlooking the city. There were teams of thai dancers that performed, some breakdancing teens too.

No comments: