Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Creative Restoration


As my heart is being renewed... and the healthier I become emotionally and spiritually, I feel like my creativity is being restored and becoming a way to bring healing as well.

Last week we had a community soaking (worship) time where we listened to beautiful music in a relaxing, cozy environment.


I set up an art station and some of us painted, drew, collaged, and wrote out words that God was speaking to us. I love the community that we're developing here and how God is drawing our hearts closer together.


Every week we have days that we help out at the children's home, so whenever it's my turn I take along a bag of art supplies and bust them out with the kids. It's been so fun to see their creativity. I'm inspired to learn more about Art Therapy and try to find ways to help the kids find help and healing from their wounds. Maybe that just means sitting with them, painting together and listening when they open up and talk about their lives.



This week we're creating life books with the kids. I look forward to walking through this journey with them.

"I'll call nobodies
and make them somebodies;
I'll call the unloved
and make them beloved.
In the place where they
yelled out "you're nobody!"
they're calling you
'God's living children.'

(Taken from Romans 9 in the Message)

1 comment:

Katie G said...

awesome :) you're AWESOME